POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug on infinite objects counting? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Bug on infinite objects counting? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Leonardo
Subject: Bug on infinite objects counting?
Date: 23 Jun 2004 12:20:00
Message: <web.40d9ad47b0d1a68d27bbadf50@news.povray.org>
I'm using POVRay 3.6 at WinXP Pro, and found that the following
scene reports 4 *infinite* objects:

sphere {0, 1358}
sphere {5000, 1358}
box {-1358, 1358}
box {0, 2*1358}

But the following scene reports (as expected) 4 finite objects:

sphere {0, 1357}
sphere {5000, 1357}
box {-1357, 1357}
box {0, 2*1357}

It seems that the condition for an object to be infinite is related to its
bounding box, and that there is some constant (around 2*1357) which acts as
a threshold.
Would this be a bug?

Post a reply to this message