POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug on infinite objects counting? : Re: Bug on infinite objects counting? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:27:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug on infinite objects counting?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Jun 2004 13:21:47
Message: <40d9bc2b$1@news.povray.org>
In article <web.40d9ad47b0d1a68d27bbadf50@news.povray.org> , "Leonardo"
<lmf### [at] megaistutlpt> wrote:

> Would this be a bug?

No, expected behavior that I think got actually documented somewhere in the
3.6 manual, but I don't recall where because this question came up before in
these groups.  In short, what POV-Ray reports has nothing to do with the
actual object, it reports internal data (which is useful because it tells
you how POV-Ray handles an object) and it simply cannot report what you
think would be correct because that information cannot be determined for all
objects anyway.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde