POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3d splines with uniform intervals ??? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  3d splines with uniform intervals ??? (Message 11 to 20 of 21)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: ABX
Subject: Re: 3d splines with uniform intervals ???
Date: 14 Jan 2003 04:26:18
Message: <pol72v8icvvai9ffdj1mi6kiobls6nkhml@4ax.com>
On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:20:13 EST, "Mike E." <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can make a 3d spline in POV 3.5 that allows the
> spline parameter (ie. distance along spline) to be completely evenly spaced
> along the length of the spline.

Try to understand my code from
http://news.povray.org/ttoenucoq6fcgkun57la24s9ia4ij5o573%404ax.com
Feel free to ask details.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

From: gonzo
Date: 14 Jan 2003 16:45:08
Message: <web.3e2483ee6e508e7aa0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote:

>... What you might call program
>bloat I call ease of use.
>
>Ken Tyler

AHA!!!  You've given away the great secret! Ken Tyler is really Bill
Gates!!!

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 14 Jan 2003 20:55:06
Message: <3E24BF4B.DB5E1DDD@pacbell.net>
gonzo wrote:

> AHA!!!  You've given away the great secret! Ken Tyler is really Bill
> Gates!!!

That's a very nice compliment but unfortunately not true.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike E
Date: 15 Jan 2003 07:35:03
Message: <web.3e2554896e508e7a640b40990@news.povray.org>
Ok Guys (or maybe Girls - it's hard to tell online).
But enough said. I guess I really only wanted to find out whether P3.5 had
some inbuilt method of doing this or whether I had to start coding. I've
only recently switched over from MegaPov 0.5 and I was used to those 3d
splines.
I am familiar with maths & coding, so I'll either play with the examples
provided or figure out my own way (that's why PoV is so much fun).
If I have any problems, I'll be back.

Thanks for all responses

#declare Mikes_IQ = pow(200,4);  //on a good day

Post a reply to this message