POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help needed with Lissajous Knot Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Help needed with Lissajous Knot (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: St
Subject: Help needed with Lissajous Knot
Date: 31 Dec 2002 07:09:54
Message: <3e118912@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

      Firstly, a very happy New Year to you all. I hope it's a good
one for all of you.

   Ok, can someone help me out here? I can't seem to get Lutz-Peter
Hooges' Lissajous Knot Generator to work. PoV3.5 reports that a
'numeric expression' is expected, but ^ found instead. This happens
with #macro method3, but if I change the method, it happens with that
corresponding method too.

      The Generator can be found here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/20596/135690/#135690

     Where am I going wrong with this?

      Thanks for any help.

      ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

>    Ok, can someone help me out here? I can't seem to get Lutz-Peter
> Hooges' Lissajous Knot Generator to work. PoV3.5 reports that a
> 'numeric expression' is expected, but ^ found instead.35690/#135690

I don't think ^ is a legal operator in Pov. Try the pow(a, b) function
instead.

/Ib

Post a reply to this message