POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help needed with Lissajous Knot : Re: Help needed with Lissajous Knot Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed with Lissajous Knot
From: St
Date: 7 Jan 2003 14:43:17
Message: <3e1b2dd5@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:3e11bd58@news.povray.org...

> "Ib Rasmussen" <ib### [at] ibrasdk> wrote in message
> news:3E1### [at] ibrasdk...
> >

> > Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> > Oops, yes, the R should be outside the pow-function. Thanks.
>

>    I've just tried both ways, and both work??

       Well, both DO work, but I've just discovered that I can't use
Tors' (correct) way unless I translate the object again and I'm not
doing that because it took *AGES* to get it where it is now with Ibs'
way. (Sorry Ib).

    So I now I have a new problem and it may be connected with the
above but I'm not sure. In Lutz-Peters' code, right at the very end,
there is the 'no_shadow' comment and of course, it produces no
shadows, but if I comment it out, it still produces no shadows. The
only way I can get shadows back in the *whole* scene is by taking the
Lissajous Knot code out and the shadows come back again.

  Any ideas about what's causing this?

    ~Steve~