POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov D&D Maps Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Pov D&D Maps (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Jettero Heller
Subject: Pov D&D Maps
Date: 12 Nov 2003 09:20:49
Message: <slrnbr4gd6.h6h.povfan@corky.voltar-confed.org>
OK, yeah, I'm a nerd,

I wish to make resonably good overhead maps using pov.  Does
anyone have any macros for this?  It shouldn't be a difficult
puzzle.

I'm actually hoping someone's already done all the work for me,
but that my google searches have failed because I'm incompetant
at them.

And if I'm writing it from scratch, I have identified three basic
problems in this very easy assignment.

Problem 1 is figuring out terragen or worldmap or whatever so I
can make some terrain.  I'm not really sure how to import things
I make in either of those ... So this step is the most
challenging.

Problem 2 is how to place objects on the surface of the
heightfields (or whatever).  That shouldn't be too hard.

And Problem 3 is how to place the grid over the map.  Just
thin cylinders?  Is that a good way?

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
50 jumps, 15.0 minutes of freefall, 31.3 ff vertical miles.

Post a reply to this message