POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov D&D Maps : Re: Pov D&D Maps Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov D&D Maps
From: Merrin
Date: 12 Nov 2003 18:24:53
Message: <3fb2c145$1@news.povray.org>
"Jettero Heller" <pov### [at] voltar-confedorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] corkyvoltar-confedorg...
> OK, yeah, I'm a nerd,

I must be a closet nerd then.

> I wish to make resonably good overhead maps using pov.  Does
> anyone have any macros for this?  It shouldn't be a difficult
> puzzle.

I haven't played for years, but last year I started thingking about POV's
potential for creating maps. I created a couple unfinished macros to test
the idea. The macros provided nice results but are RAM and CPU intensive. To
make a long story short, you define a map one hex shapped cell at a time.
Parameters can be set for different soild types, vegetation, water, rocks,
etc....

I will dig them out tomorrow and render a test image for you. If you are
interested in the results, I'll be more thatn happy to give the macros to
you.

Tim