POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Procedural universe Server Time
2 Jun 2024 08:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Procedural universe (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Procedural universe
Date: 1 Jan 2015 14:58:23
Message: <op.xrsu3dd9ufxv4h@xena.home>
This is what I would like to do in Pov-Ray:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-kifCYToAU

It shouldn't be impossible. Infact it would be nice to have something like
this as a standard include in Pov-Ray for creating scenes :)

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

> This is what I would like to do in Pov-Ray:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-kifCYToAU
>
> It shouldn't be impossible. Infact it would be nice to have something
> like this as a standard include in Pov-Ray for creating scenes :)

Have a word with Yadgar. He started to build his own universe some years
ago.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> This is what I would like to do in Pov-Ray:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-kifCYToAU
>
> It shouldn't be impossible. Infact it would be nice to have something
> like this as a standard include in Pov-Ray for creating scenes :)

Check out the Galaxy package by Nekar Xenos and Chris Colefax.

Post a reply to this message

> > This is what I would like to do in Pov-Ray:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-kifCYToAU
> >
> > It shouldn't be impossible. Infact it would be nice to have something
> > like this as a standard include in Pov-Ray for creating scenes :)
> >

> Check out the Galaxy package by Nekar Xenos
:)

Which is why I made the galaxy macro in the first place ;)
I want to step it up with the complete galaxy containing stars with orbiting
planets with some planets having plants etc. You should watch that video, they
have achieved something that could be very useful. If a console can do this in
realtime, it should be easy on Pov-Ray.

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

> Which is why I made the galaxy macro in the first place ;)
> I want to step it up with the complete galaxy containing stars with
> orbiting planets with some planets having plants etc. You should watch
> that video, they have achieved something that could be very useful. If a
> console can do this in realtime, it should be easy on Pov-Ray.

I have tried something along those lines and if you don't mind waiting several hours
(days) for
the next frame, then yes, it's easy. The problem is that what's shown in that video is
somewhat real like image compared to povray aiming for an absolute real life image.
I'm sorry
to break it to you, but Povray is not going to provide you with that kind of imagery
for a few
years. You'll need a honkin' load of horsepower to create a video like that with
povray level
of realism. And it's not going to be real life anytime soon.

--

Ger

Post a reply to this message

From: FractRacer
Date: 2 Jan 2015 08:30:19
Message: <54a69d6b$1@news.povray.org>

> Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

>>> This is what I would like to do in Pov-Ray:
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-kifCYToAU
>>>
>>> It shouldn't be impossible. Infact it would be nice to have something
>>> like this as a standard include in Pov-Ray for creating scenes :)
>>>

>> Check out the Galaxy package by Nekar Xenos
> :)
>
> Which is why I made the galaxy macro in the first place ;)
> I want to step it up with the complete galaxy containing stars with orbiting
> planets with some planets having plants etc. You should watch that video, they
> have achieved something that could be very useful. If a console can do this in
> realtime, it should be easy on Pov-Ray.
>
> -Nekar Xenos-

I had done a program a few years ago, written in Euphoria language,
which generate some galaxies and planets coordinates. I can translate it
in some basic or maybe in POV SDL.
See the file Coord.ex.

--
Lionel
<b>Do not judge my words, judge my actions.</b>

---

Attachments:
Download 'euc-kr' (14 KB)

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 3 Jan 2015 05:35:01
Message: <web.54a7c54af52dd739c1b5b9e40@news.povray.org>
FractRacer <lg.### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> >> Check out the Galaxy package by Nekar Xenos
> > :)
> >
> > Which is why I made the galaxy macro in the first place ;)
> > I want to step it up with the complete galaxy containing stars with orbiting
> > planets with some planets having plants etc. You should watch that video, they
> > have achieved something that could be very useful. If a console can do this in
> > realtime, it should be easy on Pov-Ray.
> >
> > -Nekar Xenos-
> >

> I had done a program a few years ago, written in Euphoria language,
> which generate some galaxies and planets coordinates. I can translate it
> in some basic or maybe in POV SDL.
> See the file Coord.ex.
>
> --
> Lionel
> <b>Do not judge my words, judge my actions.</b>
>

> ---

 active.

Thanks, I will take a look when I get internet again.

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: FractRacer
Date: 4 Jan 2015 07:07:47
Message: <54a92d13$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,
Here is the Pov's file which generates a simple galactic system with
stars and planets.
I don't know why, I have an error message after the parsing, but the
output file with the galactic system is ok.
--
Lionel
Do not judge my words, judge my actions.

---

ar le logiciel antivirus Avast.

Attachments:
Download 'windows-1252' (6 KB)