POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Procedural universe : Re: Procedural universe Server Time
18 Jun 2024 09:51:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Procedural universe
From: Ger
Date: 2 Jan 2015 05:28:06
Message: <54a672b6@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos wrote:

> Which is why I made the galaxy macro in the first place ;)
> I want to step it up with the complete galaxy containing stars with
> orbiting planets with some planets having plants etc. You should watch
> that video, they have achieved something that could be very useful. If a
> console can do this in realtime, it should be easy on Pov-Ray.

I have tried something along those lines and if you don't mind waiting several hours
(days) for
the next frame, then yes, it's easy. The problem is that what's shown in that video is
somewhat real like image compared to povray aiming for an absolute real life image.
I'm sorry
to break it to you, but Povray is not going to provide you with that kind of imagery
for a few
years. You'll need a honkin' load of horsepower to create a video like that with
povray level
of realism. And it's not going to be real life anytime soon.

--

Ger