POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Post_Frame_Command Troubles Server Time
19 May 2024 19:54:58 EDT (-0400)
  Post_Frame_Command Troubles (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: How Camp
Subject: Post_Frame_Command Troubles
Date: 3 Sep 2004 19:04:30
Message: <ijthj0tohdj1ldlqus8gilon0kkamhd2t7@4ax.com>
I seem to be making simple mistakes today.  Here's one I'm sure should
not be so difficult:

I have a simple scene - one camera, one light, one sphere.  In my
corresponding .ini file, I have the following line:

Post_Frame_Command=test.bat

My silly little brain seems to envision that when Povray is finished
rendering this particular frame, it will happily run test.bat (located
in the same directory).

Test.bat is nothing exciting - I replaced my actual batch file with
something like this:

dir

I can run test.bat myself, and I've checked to make sure Povray is
allowed to start other programs, etc.  Yet when I run my scene, it
renders fine, and then Povray seems to hang...  I eventually have to
kill it by hand.  It gets mostly through printing the frame's stats in
the status window, but that's all.

How am I misusing (and misunderstanding) the post_frame_command?

This is on WinXP, if it really makes any difference.  I'm assuming
it's my fault, though, not my OS.

- How

Post a reply to this message