POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Post_Frame_Command Troubles : Re: Post_Frame_Command Troubles Server Time
8 Sep 2024 19:03:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post_Frame_Command Troubles
From: Hughes, B
Date: 21 Sep 2004 14:42:53
Message: <4150762d@news.povray.org>
Checking on this here, using a testcmd.ini I already had, I'm seeing POV go
unresponsive.

I sure thought this feature was fixed up okay, since I remember being able
to use it correctly in 3.6 before. Only thing I remember being discussed was
the usage of quotes or not. Seems the various versions of Windows handled it
differently; now I'm using XP HE SP2, if that makes any difference.
Unfortunately, I didn't check on this after the last release of POV-Ray so I
don't know if it changed something.

With any luck something will be figured out by someone. Guess I'll be trying
other things to see what happens in the meantime, but I've already tried
each  Pre and Post, Frame and Scene, Command=cmd.exe /c dir   (or /k) with
and without quotes around the string. There's a 'POV-Ray is creating another
process' message and then it stops responding, every time.

BTW, I can't check using version 3.5 yet. I didn't think it could run a file
without starting the command processor (cmd.exe or command.com) but you seem
to say it'll run the file test.bat, alone, without it. My cmd.exe appears to
have been updated by SP2, dated 8/4/2004 and showing a slightly larger file
size than the previous one.

Bob H.