POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray for Intel 64 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray for Intel 64 (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: iceqb
Subject: POV-Ray for Intel 64
Date: 16 Nov 2005 13:05:01
Message: <web.437b73f68869d1ae28323aad0@news.povray.org>
I was wondering if the 64-bit version of POV-Ray is optimized for AMD 64-bit
processors, or does it go at full speed on Intel's 64-bit processors too?

If not, is there a way to implement this in the source-code?

just curious?

PS: what about HyperThreading DualCore CPU's

Post a reply to this message

> I was wondering if the 64-bit version of POV-Ray is optimized for AMD 64-bit
> processors, or does it go at full speed on Intel's 64-bit processors too?

To get a qualified answer you will have to clarify what you mean with:

- "64-bit version of POV-Ray"
- "full speed"
- "Intel's 64-bit processors"

> If not, is there a way to implement this in the source-code?

Implement what?

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 31 Oct. 2005)

> I was wondering if the 64-bit version of POV-Ray is optimized for AMD 64-bit
> processors, or does it go at full speed on Intel's 64-bit processors too?

  Which Intel 64-bit processor? They have more than one (incompatible).

> PS: what about HyperThreading DualCore CPU's

  Ever heard of POV-Ray 3.7 beta?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message