POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray for Intel 64 : Re: POV-Ray for Intel 64 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for Intel 64
From: iceqb
Date: 16 Nov 2005 16:25:00
Message: <web.437ba376194285b128323aad0@news.povray.org>

> Apart from this you did not really answer my questions but i try to
> answer yours none the less:
>
> The official 64bit binary version for Windows will run on the Intel CPUs
> you mentioned.  AFAIK it is not built with special optimizations.

Sorry, didn't know that.

> Whether a certain Intel CPU renders a certain scene faster or slower
> than a certain AMD CPU depends on a lot of factors like CPU design and
> the used scene.

If you use the official benchmark and a reference computer-system. I suppose
these magazines at least use some sort of standard system to test. I know
you can't standardize the motherboard (sockets and all) but most of the
other components like RAM, harddrive and software can be uniform.