POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray for Intel 64 : Re: POV-Ray for Intel 64 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:12:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for Intel 64
From: iceqb
Date: 16 Nov 2005 15:00:00
Message: <web.437b8e67194285b128323aad0@news.povray.org>
> To get a qualified answer you will have to clarify what you mean with:
>
> - "64-bit version of POV-Ray"

The POV-version that runs on WinXP Pro 64-bit edition?

> - "full speed"

I recently (well recently) read some article somewhere comparing Intel's
64-bit CPU's to AMD's, they used POV-Ray as benchmark. The render-rate (in
PPS) were visibly less for Intel. They explained it like this: "the program
is optimized for AMD's 64-bit instructions"

> - "Intel's 64-bit processors"

Intel Pentium D & XTreme Edition, I guess, at least the ones with EM64T, or
am I so wrong.