POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Callling all Earth renderers - Blue Marble "next generation" Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:33:48 EDT (-0400)
  Callling all Earth renderers - Blue Marble "next generation" (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Alan Holding
Subject: Callling all Earth renderers - Blue Marble "next generation"
Date: 14 Oct 2005 03:20:00
Message: <web.434f5bb0b8731679e7014cf00@news.povray.org>
Apologies if this has been posted already.

NASA has released the "next generation" of their Blue Marble image maps of
the earth: http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/BlueMarble/

The images are higher quality that the previous versions, cover topography,
bathymetry and the cloudless surface (one for each month of the year).

Resolutions are 5400 by 2700 (8km per pixel) and 21600 by 10800 (2km per
pixel) and, as usual, are free.

Very nice. :)

Post a reply to this message

> Apologies if this has been posted already.
>
> NASA has released the "next generation" of their Blue Marble image maps of
> the earth: http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/BlueMarble/
>
> The images are higher quality that the previous versions, cover
> topography,
> bathymetry and the cloudless surface (one for each month of the year).
>
> Resolutions are 5400 by 2700 (8km per pixel) and 21600 by 10800 (2km per
> pixel) and, as usual, are free.
>
> Very nice. :)

Thank you for the nice news!
Now we're able to do animations that show the yearly cycle of the seasons.
Let's see who is the first one who does it :)

Thies

Post a reply to this message