POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FEATURE REQUEST: Exclude light Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  FEATURE REQUEST: Exclude light (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: FEATURE REQUEST: Exclude light
Date: 13 Oct 2002 22:41:46
Message: <3daa2eea@news.povray.org>
I was reading the 1996 edition of Digital Character Animation.   They made a
passing remark that implied that the major 3D packages then all had the
ability to turn off light interactions with individual objects.  I request
this for povray because:

1) I saw an inference that the big guys had it in 1996.

2) The book pointed it as having some utility in faking radiosity.

3) It would allow me to do 2D toons, by cranking up the specular reflection
to max.

Post a reply to this message

> I was reading the 1996 edition of Digital Character Animation.   They made a
> passing remark that implied that the major 3D packages then all had the
> ability to turn off light interactions with individual objects.  I request
> this for povray because:

Ever hear of light groups?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg