POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ (Message 1 to 10 of 39)
From: Warp
Subject: Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ
Date: 1 Sep 2000 11:42:48
Message: <39afce77@news.povray.org>
The topic says it.
  If you have some good topic suggestion for this section, please let me
know.

  And the URL was: http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ/

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ
Date: 1 Sep 2000 11:53:03
Message: <39AFD12D.7F506546@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Warp wrote:

>   The topic says it.
>   If you have some good topic suggestion for this section, please let me
> know.
>
>   And the URL was: http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ/

Quite right about the motion blur, but when combining flash with long exposure
times in photography, you can achieve an effect similar to the one you
criticise.  Of course that's a rare occasion, and would require the main light
source being near the camera, but i wanted to mention it.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

Christoph Hormann <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote:
: Quite right about the motion blur, but when combining flash with long exposure
: times in photography, you can achieve an effect similar to the one you
: criticise.  Of course that's a rare occasion, and would require the main light
: source being near the camera, but i wanted to mention it.

  Should I mention this? If yes, could you write a more specific description
of the phenomenon?