POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity -> crashes Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity -> crashes (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: Radiosity -> crashes
Date: 12 Sep 2002 03:13:30
Message: <Xns92875D2498BAEraf256com@204.213.191.226>
Hello,
I toiced in menay scenes that using radiosity often leads o crash of
PovRAY. Am I the only one here with some problems ?
For every scene using radiosity - it either render succesfully, or crash
just after end of rendering (probalby deallocation).
Crash means :
  - MsgBox iforming about problems, and suggesting to restart PovRAY
  - after closing box sometimes pov is working fine, sometimes it starts to
print messages in [probably] endless loop :

  objects.cpp line 887
  NULL object removed

and almost always print (instead Win98 report - PovRAY has performed
illegal operaiton ...) :
  Returned from renderer due to access violation exception

I tested about 5 radiosity scenes (including 1 from include menu) and all
have problems. About 1 of 10..20 renders crashes.

I have Athlon 1,7 256 RAM Win98 SE

Maybe I can run this radiosity scene in some debug mode ?

--
#macro g(U,V)(.4*abs(sin(9*sqrt(pow(x-U,2)+pow(y-V,2))))*pow(1-min(1,(sqrt(
pow(x-U,2)+pow(y-V,2))*.3)),2)+.9)#end#macro p(c)#if(c>1)#local l=mod(c,100

Post a reply to this message