POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity -> crashes : Re: Radiosity -> crashes Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity -> crashes
From: ABX
Date: 12 Sep 2002 03:37:47
Message: <ahg0ou0hn2ce17fhlp0r9s4n7jemv94sec@4ax.com>
On 12 Sep 2002 03:13:30 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I toiced in menay scenes that using radiosity often leads o crash of
> PovRAY.

Usually my English is bad but this time I don't undesrtand so much.

> Am I the only one here with some problems ?

If I understand first sentence that you have crash on every radiosity scene I
can't notice anything like this on my system.

> For every scene using radiosity - it either render succesfully, or crash
> just after end of rendering (probalby deallocation).
> Crash means :
>  - MsgBox iforming about problems, and suggesting to restart PovRAY
>  - after closing box sometimes pov is working fine, sometimes it starts to
>    print messages in [probably] endless loop...

Since POV suggested you to exit it can be responsible for further behaviour.

> I tested about 5 radiosity scenes (including 1 from include menu) and all
> have problems. About 1 of 10..20 renders crashes.

IIRC some days ago somebody suggested to you it can be hardware problem. Have
you checked this ? Is your system overclocked or something ?

> I have Athlon 1,7 256 RAM Win98 SE

I have a Pentium II 233 128 RAM NT4

> Maybe I can run this radiosity scene in some debug mode ?

Sure. Just recompile POV in debug mode and use debugger.

ABX