POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Pattern ISOSurface Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Object Pattern ISOSurface (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: POVMAN
Subject: Object Pattern ISOSurface
Date: 15 Jun 2006 05:55:00
Message: <44912e74$1@news.povray.org>
I havn't tried ...

You can create object pattern media using pigment_map and you can evaluate a
pigment in a function, can you use object pattern to create an isosurface?

--
#####-----#####-----#####
POV Tips and Hints at ...

Post a reply to this message

>You can create object pattern media using pigment_map and you can evaluate a
>pigment in a function, can you use object pattern to create an isosurface?

It would be really neat if it did, because then you could do all sorts
of useful tricks like modifying the shape by adding noise or twisting it
with a coordinate transformation.

Unfortunately, this happens:
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/dont.htm

--