POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Pattern ISOSurface : Re: Object Pattern ISOSurface Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Pattern ISOSurface
From: ingo
Date: 18 Jun 2006 04:37:53
Message: <Xns97E66C26158CCseed7@news.povray.org>
in news:44912e74$1@news.povray.org POVMAN wrote:

> I havn't tried ...
>
> You can create object pattern media using pigment_map and you can
> evaluate a pigment in a function, can you use object pattern to
> create an isosurface?

As Mike explained, the direct way is far from optimal.

An alternative method, turn your object into a set of 16 bit gray-scale
TIFF slices.  Then use a tool like ImageJ http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/ to
blurr the stack. Convert the whole stack into a df3-file and render.

Sadly ImageJ does not read/write df3-files and I don't understand the Java
to make the right plugin for that ... ImageJ is a vwery usefull tool for
manipulating 3D-datasets.

Ingo