POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray just doesn't fit in a production workflow Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray just doesn't fit in a production workflow (Message 1 to 10 of 33)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: POV-Ray just doesn't fit in a production workflow
Date: 19 Dec 2003 22:40:32
Message: <3fe3c4b0@news.povray.org>
Gilles said in the other thread that povray was not suitable for the
production workflow of a movie studio.

I guess I don't understand.  Couldn't you simply code-up a situation that
would be suitable?  For example, in my animations right now, I have separate
include files for each character's motion, texturing, and physical
construction.   Couldn't I hire two character animators to work on the
movement of each character in a scene,  a 3D'er to do the texturing of
costumes, and a modeller to build each character,  another to work on the
set and its lighting.   At the end of every day, I collect the latest draft
of the *.INC files they've been assigned to work on, and do a 320x240 render
overnight.   On weekends, I might do a fullscreen render.    That's sort of
how I do it now, 'cept there's one employee working on non-cash contests.

Post a reply to this message