POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About PovRay 4 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  About PovRay 4 (Message 21 to 30 of 42)
From: GreyBeard
Subject: Re: About PovRay 4
Date: 17 Dec 2003 09:52:29
Message: <3fe06dad$1@news.povray.org>
Just my nickles worth, but having bought another program, Poser 5, and
finding that it was rushed to meet a timetable, complete with fatal bugs and
a poorly thought out interface, take all the time you need for the next POV.
Timetable shouldn't mean anything and there is no excuse for releasing
something as bad as poser was, before the 57 megs of patches to make it
work.  (And it's still unstable)

Cheers

Greybeard

"Stephen McAvoy" <mcavoys[at]AOLdotCOM> wrote in message

> IIRC (If I remember correctly) Pov-Ray 3.5.1 is a maintenance release (bug
fix).
> Pov-Ray 4.0 is under development and will be released when it is ready.
There is
> no timetable for this.

Post a reply to this message