POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About PovRay 4 : Re: About PovRay 4 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About PovRay 4
From: GreyBeard
Date: 17 Dec 2003 17:51:32
Message: <3fe0ddf4$1@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote in message
> "GreyBeard" <r.b### [at] sbcglobalnet> wrote in message
> <Hack!>
> Luckily, I bought Poser 5 recently, and so far it hasn't disappointed me,
> possibly because it's already all patched-up.  I had just as many problems
> with Poser 4.  But I haven't used it extensively.

Fortunately, most of the figures I need are at a distance, and BlobMan
serves nicely, the only time I use poser is on the rare occasions I need a
close up.

> I think the big difference with time-tables is just that in the business
> world, delaying the release can cost a company dearly.

Possibly the timetable was not realistic?

> As someone who
> writes software for a living, and having had to push back a lot of dates,
> it's never a pleasant experience to explain to management "why".

It's never a pleasant experience to explain anything to management.  A book
keeper that rose to the presidents position in a tractor company has no
concept of the real world. (Jerry Smith, J.I.Case Co.)  But I would think
having a few bruises from a later than expected release would be better than
killing your customer base with a product that doesn't work.

POVRay team, take your time.  Each release is better than the last, which
far beats a bunch of bandaids for a mummy.

Greybeard