POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About PovRay 4 : Re: About PovRay 4 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About PovRay 4
From: Ken
Date: 17 Dec 2003 10:42:48
Message: <3FE079D0.220BEB95@pacbell.net>
Jim Charter wrote:

> Oh sure, but still, could that much interest each month be generated by
> a dead or invalid product?  Like I said, I found it impressive, but
> maybe I am easily impressed ;-)  If only 1% of the hits represent valid
> new interest, I am still impressed.

I suspect the "valid new interest" level remains fairly high. There is no small
number of people who have been exposed to the images created by POV-Ray but I
also suspect that once they download the program, and find out it doesn't work
like Photoshop, their interest quickly wanes. Unfortunately, POV-Ray appeals to
a niche market and I doubt it will ever be a maintsream program for the masses.

--
Ken Tyler