POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MegaPov height_of to Pov 3.5 Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:10:17 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPov height_of to Pov 3.5 (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Glenn Greenway
Subject: MegaPov height_of to Pov 3.5
Date: 5 Aug 2002 03:30:09
Message: <B973A1CB.4BDC%glenncg@isrv.com>
Can anyone help me translate MegaPov's height_of to the new Pov? Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: MegaPov height_of to Pov 3.5
Date: 5 Aug 2002 03:51:15
Message: <3D4E2E73.7BEF94D@gmx.de>
Glenn Greenway wrote:

> Can anyone help me translate MegaPov's height_of to the new Pov? Thank you.

You mean 'hf_height_at()'?

Just use 'trace()' instead.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 03 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Aug 2002 12:18:17
Message: <chrishuff-731D18.11081105082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <B973A1CB.4BDC%gle### [at] isrvcom>,
 Glenn Greenway <gle### [at] isrvcom> wrote:

> Can anyone help me translate MegaPov's height_of to the new Pov? Thank you.

If you are talking about the hf_height_at() function, adding it to POV
3.5 would be a waste of time, since trace() is already there and is a
much better solution. Just trace from a point above the height field
directly down. It is much more flexible, and works for any shape.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message