POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Applying textures to a Height Field - Take 2!!! Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Applying textures to a Height Field - Take 2!!! (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: -s0da-
Subject: Applying textures to a Height Field - Take 2!!!
Date: 20 Sep 2003 12:58:24
Message: <3f6c8730$1@news.povray.org>
(sorry for the attachment before...let's try this again, the right way)

I've created a 3-d maze, using a simple b/w image fed into a Heightfield.

I'm trying to now apply a stone wall image to the maze to make it look
like it was built out of stones.  It worked perfectly on the TOPS of the
walls, and the backs of the walls, but not the sides....they are smeared
so to speak.

Any idea how to get an image_map applied to all three axis?  to get
the desired affect?

Post a reply to this message

> (sorry for the attachment before...let's try this again, the right way)
>
> I've created a 3-d maze, using a simple b/w image fed into a Heightfield.
>
> I'm trying to now apply a stone wall image to the maze to make it look
> like it was built out of stones.  It worked perfectly on the TOPS of the
> walls, and the backs of the walls, but not the sides....they are smeared
> so to speak.
>
> Any idea how to get an image_map applied to all three axis?  to get
> the desired affect?

You can use the slope pattern to apply a different image map pigment to
the tops and the sides but you should note that your intention as you
formulated it is not well defined - what you probably really want is a
3d wall pattern instead of a 2d image map.

Christoph

Last updated 2 Sep. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______