POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Applying textures to a Height Field - Take 2!!! : Re: Applying textures to a Height Field - Take 2!!! Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Applying textures to a Height Field - Take 2!!!
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 20 Sep 2003 13:42:02
Message: <83gu31-gee.ln1@triton.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
-s0da- wrote:
> (sorry for the attachment before...let's try this again, the right way)
>
> I've created a 3-d maze, using a simple b/w image fed into a Heightfield.
>
> I'm trying to now apply a stone wall image to the maze to make it look
> like it was built out of stones.  It worked perfectly on the TOPS of the
> walls, and the backs of the walls, but not the sides....they are smeared
> so to speak.
>
> Any idea how to get an image_map applied to all three axis?  to get
> the desired affect?

You can use the slope pattern to apply a different image map pigment to
the tops and the sides but you should note that your intention as you
formulated it is not well defined - what you probably really want is a
3d wall pattern instead of a 2d image map.

Christoph

Last updated 2 Sep. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______