POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") (Message 41 to 50 of 55)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Alan Grainger
Subject: Re: MovieProject! -- Logo
Date: 14 May 1998 06:16:26
Message: <6jeg9v$fpi$1@oz.aussie.org>
I've just downloaded it and looked at it.   I love it!  It's really
professional looking, you know?  Congrats.

--
Alan Grainger
Member of DNRC

Post a reply to this message

From: Nieminen Mika
Subject: Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was"POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
Date: 14 May 1998 08:10:14
Message: <6jemv6$g1c$1@oz.aussie.org>
Gary Shannon (reb### [at] teleportcom) wrote:
: Side note:  It might be nice to include the software we all used in the
: credits.  Something like "rendered with POV-Ray",  maybe mention whatever
: other pieces of freeware and shareware were used ( like Paintshop Pro,
: CoolEdit, etc...) in case others would like to know what they need to do
: that kind of work, and to show what can be accomplished with low-cost
: tools.  Maybe put those multi-thousand dollar software packages to shame!?

  It should be nice to use all the nice features of povray, like reflection,
refraction, atmosphere, halo, lens flare (ok, it's not really a povray
feature, but I think we can consider it so since it's just an include file),
focal blur, maybe radiosity (at least in some scenes) etc. Let's show the
power of a raytracer :)

--
                                                              - Warp. -

Post a reply to this message