POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") : Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 14 May 1998 08:46:40
Message: <6jep3g$g1c$3@oz.aussie.org>
Steffen Walter (ste### [at] studentuni-tuebingende) wrote:
: I fully agree that we are not able to synthethize true human or animal
: characters using computer graphics (nobody can do this today so far), so what
: are our choices ?
: Human beeings in armors would be much easier to create. But creating a still
: photograph of some humans in armors is easy, while animating them is very
: difficult, just think of all the details you have to check out if you want to
: create animated persons whith human-like movements!

: movements. But you still can identify yourself with your hero.

  Why it has to be so realistic? Someone pointed out that we can use objects
that behave like they were alive, like "intelligent" moving lamps, tables,
etc. I think it's better to make a really good and funny animation with
object-characters than unrealistically rigidly moving cyborgs or robots.
There are lots of examples about this (like the mentioned animations with
the lamps or the table).

--
                                                              - Warp. -