POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Precision problems? Server Time
27 Apr 2024 10:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Precision problems? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Ilya Razmanov
Subject: Precision problems?
Date: 26 Jan 2024 09:09:53
Message: <65b3bd31@news.povray.org>
I have a weird problems with some prisms. Please see the file attached,
it's tiny example. As you can see, both hexagonal prisms and their
translations are calculated using school math; moreover, when it comes
to irrational floats, the same values are used whenever possible via
declaring the variable, so it have no choice but match. Still, there is
a gap between objects in vertical direction.

I'm out of ideas regarding the cause of it. Any inspiration?

Ilyich the Tod

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'windows-1251' (2 KB)

Ilya Razmanov <ily### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I have a weird problems with some prisms. Please see the file attached,
> it's tiny example. As you can see, both hexagonal prisms and their
> translations are calculated using school math; moreover, when it comes
> to irrational floats, the same values are used whenever possible via
> declaring the variable, so it have no choice but match. Still, there is
> a gap between objects in vertical direction.
>
> I'm out of ideas regarding the cause of it. Any inspiration?

The geometry of the hexagons is off.  Replacing all occurrences of 0.25 with
revsqrtof3/2 will fix it.

Post a reply to this message