POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Precision problems? : Re: Precision problems? Server Time
10 May 2024 01:31:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Precision problems?
From: Ilya Razmanov
Date: 26 Jan 2024 12:11:06
Message: <65b3e7aa$1@news.povray.org>
On 26.01.2024 19:01, Cousin Ricky wrote:

> The geometry of the hexagons is off.  Replacing all occurrences of 0.25 with
> revsqrtof3/2 will fix it.

Damn it. I mean, the most interesting part is that on a piece of paper I
was drawing it outer radius is marked as "a", while inner (which is 0.5
in this case) as b, and all the equations are correct. But in POVRay I
managed to mess with a and b. The most interesting part is, therefore,
what exactly I was thinking about while moving it from paper to POVRay.

Thank you very much. I'm pretty sure I'd never found this stupid mistake
myself.

Ilya