POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : something doesn'w work with concat and str Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:04 EDT (-0400)
  something doesn'w work with concat and str (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Rudi
Subject: something doesn'w work with concat and str
Date: 1 Dec 2013 08:25:01
Message: <web.529b388226be7f8bbb6ddff20@news.povray.org>
// The name of the pics is si101 to si200

  // They are all in the directory Temp3, where also the this fil is.
  // If I render just one pic, all works well
  // but something doesen't work, when I try to render the 100 pics.
  // Strange is, it worked, years ago, with an older pov Version
  // Can someone help me?

camera{   location -z*10.1    look_at  <0,0,0>
 }

light_source{ <20,20,50> rgb <1,1,1> }

 #declare Count = 0;
  #while (Count <= 9)

  #declare X = Count ;

    #declare anzahl = 200-(X*10);

   #declare Bount = 0;
  #while (Bount <=9)

  #declare Y = Bount ;

    #declare name = anzahl -Y ;

   box {<-1,-1,-.001>,<1,1,.001>

     // one pic to render
    //    pigment {image_map {png "Temp3\si100.png"   map_type 0 interpolate 2 }

    pigment {image_map {png concat ("Temp3\si",str(name,0,0),".png")   map_type
0 interpolate 2 }
        scale 2
       translate <1,1,0>      }

           finish {ambient 1 }

          scale <1.333,1,.1>
          scale <.47,.47,.1>
          translate <(4.5*1.333)-Y*1.333,X-4.5,0> }

  background {color rgb <.9,.9,.9>}

 #declare Bount = Bount + 1 ;
  #end

 #declare Count = Count + 1 ;
  #end

Post a reply to this message

>   // The name of the pics is si101 to si200
>
>    // They are all in the directory Temp3, where also the this fil is.
>    // If I render just one pic, all works well
>    // but something doesen't work, when I try to render the 100 pics.
>    // Strange is, it worked, years ago, with an older pov Version
>    // Can someone help me?
>

> camera{   location -z*10.1    look_at  <0,0,0>
>   }
>
> light_source{ <20,20,50> rgb <1,1,1> }
>

>   #declare Count = 0;
>    #while (Count <= 9)
>
>    #declare X = Count ;
>
>      #declare anzahl = 200-(X*10);
>

>     #declare Bount = 0;
>    #while (Bount <=9)
>
>    #declare Y = Bount ;
>
>      #declare name = anzahl -Y ;
>

>     box {<-1,-1,-.001>,<1,1,.001>
>
>       // one pic to render
>      //    pigment {image_map {png "Temp3\si100.png"   map_type 0 interpolate 2 }
>
>      pigment {image_map {png concat ("Temp3\si",str(name,0,0),".png")   map_type
> 0 interpolate 2 }
>          scale 2
>         translate <1,1,0>      }
>

>             finish {ambient 1 }
>
>            scale <1.333,1,.1>
>            scale <.47,.47,.1>
>            translate <(4.5*1.333)-Y*1.333,X-4.5,0> }
>

>    background {color rgb <.9,.9,.9>}
>

>   #declare Bount = Bount + 1 ;
>    #end
>
>   #declare Count = Count + 1 ;
>    #end

I think you should try this (double backslash):

       pigment {image_map {png concat ("Temp3\\si",str(name,0,0),".png")
   map_type 0 interpolate 2 }

Thomas

Post a reply to this message