POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : something doesn'w work with concat and str : Re: something doesn'w work with concat and str Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something doesn'w work with concat and str
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 2 Dec 2013 02:14:57
Message: <529c3371@news.povray.org>
On 12/01/2013 02:53 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 01.12.2013 22:23, schrieb Larry Hudson:
>
>> It seems that it's not well known, but Windows _does_ accept forward
>> slashes in path strings, when they come from a program.  It's the
>> Windows command processor that only accepts the back slashes -- that is,
>> when you are typing a command directly in Windows.
>
> Better yet: Even the command processor (cmd.exe) is perfectly fine with forward
slashes.

 From my memory, it used to be that it did not.  But perhaps that was command.com in
DOS.  I
have to confess I haven't checked this myself recently -- I currently use Linux only
and rarely
use Windows.  But since I believe most people aren't aware of it, I did want to point
out that
forward slashes are acceptable (and more convenient) in Windows.  Thanx for the
updated info.

      -=- Larry