POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera angles problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Camera angles problem (Message 1 to 10 of 31)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Camera angles problem
Date: 14 Aug 2013 15:08:42
Message: <op.w1tl4rt1ufxv4h@xena>
I am trying to duplicate the camera angle in a scene with a box mapped
with the image, but when I use certain camera positions and look
combinations, it rotates the image along the z axis. It seems to happen
when the Camera position and look position don't have the same y value.

How can i fix this?

here is a stripped down version. If the "doesn't work' part is commented
out it works fine.

I must admit, I don't always know when to use Reorient_Trans() vs
vrotate() vs VAngleD() and even less how to use them. It gets confusing.

//-----------------------------------//
// begin code
#version 3.7;

global_settings {  max_trace_level 5 assumed_gamma 1}

#include "Transforms.inc"

//works:
#declare CamPos= <0.5, 1.5,4.5 >;
#declare CamLook= <1.3,1.5,0>;
///////////////////////////////////

// doesn't work:
#declare CamPos= <0.5, 1.5,4 >;
#declare CamLook= <1.3,1.2,0>;
//////////////////////////////////

#declare CamDirect=<0,0,1>;
#declare CamWidth=image_width;
#declare CamHeight=image_height;

#declare ColMapPig=pigment {image_map { png "test.png" }
                             translate -0.5*(x+y)
                             scale <CamWidth/CamHeight,1,1>*2
                             }

box{<-CamWidth/CamHeight,-1,CamDirect.z>,<CamWidth/CamHeight,1,CamDirect.z+0.001>//}

                         texture {
                                 pigment {ColMapPig}
                                 finish { ambient 1 diffuse 1}
                                 }

                            translate CamDirect
                            Reorient_Trans(z, (CamLook-CamPos))

                            translate CamPos
                            }

#declare ColMap="test.png"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

camera {
         location  CamPos
         direction CamDirect
         right   x*image_width/image_height
         look_at CamLook
         }
// End code

//--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

Have you tried specifying an explicit "up" vector?

Post a reply to this message