POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera angles problem : Re: Camera angles problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera angles problem
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 16 Aug 2013 14:10:01
Message: <web.520e6a4f572d40e6328783aa0@news.povray.org>
> Am 16.08.2013 06:27, schrieb Anthony D. Baye:
> > I should also be clear that with vrotate(A,B), B is also a vector.  So:
> >
> > object {
> >      translate vrotate(A, B)
> > }
> >
> > is the same as:
> >
> > object {
> >      translate A
> >      rotate B
> > }
>
> Nope. It's rather like
>
>      rotate <0,0,-B.z>
>      rotate <0,-B.y,0>
>      rotate <-B.x,0,0>
>      translate A
>      rotate B

Then the documentation needs serious clarification.  That is not mentioned at
all.

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.7.0/229/

From: Pov-Ray documentation 2.2.1.4 Vector Expressions --
"vrotate(A,B) Rotate A about origin by B. Given the x,y,z coordinates of a point
in space designated by the vector A, rotate that point about the origin by an
amount specified by the vector B. Rotate it about the x-axis by an angle
specified in degrees by the float value B.x. Similarly B.y and B.z specify the
amount to rotate in degrees about the y-axis and z-axis. The result is a vector
containing the new x,y,z coordinates of the point."

Regards,
A.D.B.