POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird" Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird" (Message 11 to 20 of 30)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird"
Date: 25 Oct 2012 17:15:01
Message: <web.5089aada88a00d6185de7b680@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> In a few cases some people do the exact opposite: They take real photos
> or video and post-process it to make it look like CGI. For example they
> did that with the movie Ultraviolet.
>
> See for example

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz289/05k21a0551/new%20one/Ultraviolet2006m-HD-4.jpg

Full reverse into the Uncanny Valley.  They succeeded, if you could call it
that.

> http://gabtor.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/ultraviolet_3.jpg

Nope, too many hairs out of place.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 25 Oct 2012 19:19:01
Message: <5089c8e5$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.10.2012 21:27, schrieb Stephen:
> On 25/10/2012 7:46 PM, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>>    There are a lot of things that scream "it's CG!!". Of course first
>> impression is that of a photo, but when you start analyzing, many
>> details of RL are missing... plenty of them. On this and in almost every
>> CG image, save some geniuses work.
>>
>>    For example, where is the smoke/vapor from the cars exhausts??
>
> What you say is true Jamie (and Norbert) but what I am thinking about
> (and IIRC there was a discussion about it) is a scene fault.

I suspect that the "one way" sign should be pointing the other
direction, or be replaced by a "no entry" sign.

Post a reply to this message