POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird" : Re: Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird" Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wrong date in hall of fame entry "The Wet Bird"
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 26 Oct 2012 20:55:01
Message: <web.508b2fd488a00d6185de7b680@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>    These kind of total internet abandonment usually scare me about what
> happened to the real person behind...

I fear this about myself.  If something should happen to me, will there be
anyone to let my on-line communities know?

I've seen two cases (including Steve Paget) where a community member has died,
but a friend was able to let the community know.  (There was a third case where
a forum member notified me privately after the forum had disbanded.)  But there
are many others where a community member seems to drop off the face of the
Earth, and no one knows what has happened to them.