POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mm_per_unit question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:30:55 EDT (-0400)
  mm_per_unit question (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: mm_per_unit question
Date: 11 Mar 2011 11:49:48
Message: <4d7a52ac$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/11/2011 12:06 PM, Aydan wrote:
> mm_per_unit is an attribute of the world (scene) not the object.

I understand the current implementation it just seems counter-intuitive
to me.

> If you scale an object with the same material it's SUPPOSED to look different,
> just like in the real world. If you want it to look the same when it's e.g.
> double the size you need to use a different (more translucent) material. So the
> logic as it is implemented makes absolute sense.

yep and I get that too ... that's why a too big of a value for
mm_per_unit presents a material that you can practically see through

Post a reply to this message

> mm_per_unit is an attribute of the world (scene) not the object.
> If you scale an object with the same material it's SUPPOSED to look different,
> just like in the real world. If you want it to look the same when it's e.g.
> double the size you need to use a different (more translucent) material. So the
> logic as it is implemented makes absolute sense.

You won't get an argument from me, Aydan. ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message