POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animating characters? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Animating characters? (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: Animating characters?
Date: 28 Aug 2008 08:07:05
Message: <48b694e9$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> So I know that for still images, I can export from Poser (or, in my
> case, Daz Studio).  However, what if I want to do animations?  What are
> the best tools for this?
>
> I'm guessing that most people who animate characters don't use POV, but
> I'm not most people :)

If you don't mind using a modeler that is still mostly beta, you can try
the LionSnake modeler:

   http://www.geocities.com/evilsnack/lionsnake.htm

It's designed for creating posable meshes that can be exported as
POV-Ray scripts.  You still have to hand-code the posing in POV-Ray SDL,
although I intend to add a scene-building capability when issues with
modeling are finished.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message