POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animating characters? : Re: Animating characters? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animating characters?
From: Stephen
Date: 29 Aug 2008 12:24:54
Message: <a58gb4pl5tftp90pn22dmnslpj8ptimaiu@4ax.com>
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:14:07 +0100, Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk>
wrote:

>To get fairly realistic looking animations of realistic looking Poser
>figures you can perform the animations in Poser, either by interpolating
>between a series of Poser poses, or using a built-in animated pose, or
>by using a motion capture file.

I've used the BVH method a few times, after downloading a series from one of the
American universities, years ago. I don't find Mikes method cumbersome, time
consuming, yes :)
Poser can export a series of obj or 3DS files and PoseRay has a batch process
that zips through converting them to Pov inc files. Here is a couple of the one
I found here that I posted

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/thread/%3Co5cos1tjr1upujtsa0417f0cqtq8ddeg16%404ax.com%3E/?ttop=282885&toff=150

http://news.povray.org/moray.binaries/thread/%3C3de55a13.43690794%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=240019&toff=150

--