POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animating characters? : Re: Animating characters? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:32:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animating characters?
From: Chambers
Date: 28 Aug 2008 16:15:00
Message: <web.48b705aa3f3b0d77261d9700@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> One potential option is to use POV-Person to auto-generate a crowd of
> stationary people standing around in the background (see the examples in the
> download and in the documentation) and punctuate with occasional animated
> character, plus hand-crafted foreground characters converted from Poser or
> another modeller. The disadvantage is , of course, that you'd end up having
> to learn something about both techniques.

I've got a feeling that the difference in quality between the two types of
people would be jarring, but I'll take a look at it.

I wouldn't mind using Daz studio to pose people, but I've never done animations
with it, and I don't even know if Pose-ray can import an animation from it (a
quick google suggests that it can't).

....Chambers