POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC - voting policies (Message 42 to 51 of 51)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: IRTC - voting policies
Date: 10 Mar 2008 15:24:31
Message: <47d598ff@news.povray.org>
Paul Bourke wrote:
>> 1) How do we accept new voters?
>> 2) Should submitters be allowed to vote in the round they submit to?
>
> I propose that submitters are the only people allowed to vote. They earn that
> privilege by contributing to the competition. I propose this is cumulative in
> the sense that any entrant who has successfully been  awarded a prize/place is
> then a voter in perpetuity.

What if they become annoyances after this point?  I don't think it will
be a major problem, but continuing privileges should come only with
continuing contribution.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Date: 10 Mar 2008 15:29:21
Message: <47d59a21$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> 47d2ce11$1@news.povray.org...
>> I intend to allow voters to rate each image in 4 categories
>> - overall
>> - technical merit
>> - artistic merit
>> - concept and interpretation of theme
>
> It should be noted that with the IRTC, the 3 notes (techical, artistic,
> concept) were always extremely correlated.

It may also be that judges let their overall opinions color the
individual category scores.  If they like the concept, judges tend to
ignore technical flaws, for instance.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message