POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - voting policies : Re: IRTC - voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - voting policies
From: Nimish Ajmani
Date: 10 Mar 2008 20:25:00
Message: <web.47d5de8532e069a8704837900@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > It may also be that judges let their overall opinions color the
> > individual category scores.  If they like the concept, judges tend to
> > ignore technical flaws, for instance.
>
> I bet it works that way at the other end of the spectrum too.  E.g. un-inspiring
> images may get little attention paid to a clever concept etc.
>
> I wonder, does anybody else have a tendency to open the description first before
> bothering to look at the final product?  :-)
>
> Charles

What I usually do is first read the description.  Then I grade the image based
on its own merit.  I then adjust my given score based on what I read, and end
up with a final score.

My orignal score was based somewhat like that of the French system.  I never
gave more than an 18, and below 10 was for images that just didn't come of
good.  That's how I did it.

  --Nimish