POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : second life conversions Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  second life conversions (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Barehunter
Subject: second life conversions
Date: 15 Aug 2007 11:25:00
Message: <web.46c31a51a9851309a71cce4c0@news.povray.org>
I decided to re-create an object I own in the game second life to POVray.
The coordinate system and rotations appear to match up more or less. Anyway
one object had three different rotations. I repeated the rotations in povray
and got an entirely diferent final angle. Now each rotation ( along the x,
y, and z axi's)individually, rotated identically.
e.g. a 20 degree angle along the  X axis matched a 20 degree angle in POVray

It was when taken together that they failed to match the expected rotation.
(<20,33,16>)

I then tried three rotations ( each with just one of the rotations)
for example
<20,0,0>
<0,33,0>
<0,0,16>
and still didnt match. I then swapping the three rotations and got different
final angles but none of them matched the expected final angle.
Has anyone tried to re-create secondlife objects in POVray and met the same
problem? Is there a solution?
straight object to object conversion should be possible, you'd think.

Post a reply to this message