POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.1 to 3.6 converter? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  3.1 to 3.6 converter? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Samuel Benge
Subject: 3.1 to 3.6 converter?
Date: 2 Jul 2007 17:50:18
Message: <4689731a@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a program to convert older POV-Ray files to
the 3.6 syntax? I'm starting to use the LGEO Lego piece library for POV,
but all the include files are for version 3.1. This means I have to
manually edit all single-line variable declarations, which can become
tedious if my scene uses more than just a few different pieces. The
upside to this is that I'll eventually have all the include files
converted the slow way.

Thanks in advance!

~Sam

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone know if there is a program to convert older POV-Ray files to
> the 3.6 syntax? I'm starting to use the LGEO Lego piece library for POV,
> but all the include files are for version 3.1. This means I have to
> manually edit all single-line variable declarations, which can become
> tedious if my scene uses more than just a few different pieces. The upside
> to this is that I'll eventually have all the include files converted the
> slow way.
>
> Thanks in advance!

I think if you put a #version 3.1; at the beginning that POV'll be
backwards compatible for most but not all features.

Post a reply to this message