POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fog > Light > Shadows Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Fog > Light > Shadows (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Samuel Benge
Subject: Re: Fog > Light > Shadows
Date: 22 May 2007 12:42:51
Message: <46531d8b@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> Hi all
>
>    Need a little help and advice if possible.

Steve,

Does your fog use color filtering? If yes, try to use it without. In
addition to raising the assumed_gamma, try increasing the intensity of
your light to compensate. Failing that, make sure all your objects are
hollow, as this can sometimes result in weird fog effects, not just
complete absence. Beyond these things, there are a bunch of other things
you could try. The first that comes to mind is a transparent (and
hollow) sphere around the camera with a transmit greater than 1. This
will bump up the contrast of the image, and may give you the results you
want (at the expense of render time). The good thing about POV-Ray is
that there are usually a number of ways to arrive at a desired result.
Try anything that sounds like it might be useful!

~Sam

Post a reply to this message