POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fog > Light > Shadows : Re: Fog > Light > Shadows Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fog > Light > Shadows
From: St
Date: 26 May 2007 05:17:48
Message: <4657fb3c$1@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

 Beyond these things, there are a bunch of other things
> you could try. The first that comes to mind is a transparent (and hollow)
> sphere around the camera with a transmit greater than 1. This will bump up
> the contrast of the image, and may give you the results you want (at the
> expense of render time).

  AHA! Thank you for this tip Sam! I've tried it and it works, well, it's
given me the extra option of adjusting both the transmit (around the camera)
and the assumed_gamma at the same time, and I've found a combination that
takes a lot of the blue away whilst leaving a nice contrast. Brilliant!  :o)

   ~Steve~