POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL Editor Problems Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:26:55 EDT (-0400)
  SDL Editor Problems (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Kirk Andrews
Subject: SDL Editor Problems
Date: 28 Mar 2007 08:10:02
Message: <web.460a68652a248c212577d2d70@news.povray.org>
I have two computers on which I use POV.

On the first, I can't consistently get the color-coding.  Sometimes my
scene-description files are color-coded, and other times not.

On the other, if I type too fast in the editor, it will freeze for about
five seconds (even other applications running at the time are affected),
and then the text will appear.  It's not a slow computer, and I had POV on
it before and it didn't do that.

I doubt this is a bug with the program--I'm figuring that I've got some
setting set wrong.  Anybody know what's wrong?

Post a reply to this message

> On the first, I can't consistently get the color-coding.  Sometimes my
> scene-description files are color-coded, and other times not.

Hit Alt+Enter and set the language to POV-Ray. I usually have to do that
whenever I start a new file from scratch, but it occurs sometimes when I
open a file as well.

> On the other, if I type too fast in the editor, it will freeze for about
> five seconds (even other applications running at the time are affected),
> and then the text will appear.  It's not a slow computer, and I had POV on
> it before and it didn't do that.

No idea on this problem. Is it actually POV-Ray thats causing it, or
might your entire PC freeze for a few seconds, but its just noticeable
in POV-Ray? Check on that before you blame POV-Ray. ;-)

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

Post a reply to this message

Tim Nikias <JUS### [at] gmxnetWARE> wrote:
> Kirk Andrews wrote:
> > On the first, I can't consistently get the color-coding.  Sometimes my
> > scene-description files are color-coded, and other times not.
>
> Hit Alt+Enter and set the language to POV-Ray. I usually have to do that
> whenever I start a new file from scratch, but it occurs sometimes when I
> open a file as well.

Thanks!  Didn't realize that had to be set.

> > On the other, if I type too fast in the editor, it will freeze for about
> > five seconds (even other applications running at the time are affected),
> > and then the text will appear.  It's not a slow computer, and I had POV on
> > it before and it didn't do that.
>
> No idea on this problem. Is it actually POV-Ray thats causing it, or
> might your entire PC freeze for a few seconds, but its just noticeable
> in POV-Ray? Check on that before you blame POV-Ray. ;-)

I'm not blaming POV.  I was just hoping maybe somebody knew why that was
happening.

Post a reply to this message

> Tim Nikias <JUS### [at] gmxnetWARE> wrote:
>
>>Kirk Andrews wrote:
>>
>>>On the first, I can't consistently get the color-coding.  Sometimes my
>>>scene-description files are color-coded, and other times not.
>>
>>Hit Alt+Enter and set the language to POV-Ray. I usually have to do that
>>whenever I start a new file from scratch, but it occurs sometimes when I
>>open a file as well.
>

> Thanks!  Didn't realize that had to be set.
>

>>>On the other, if I type too fast in the editor, it will freeze for about
>>>five seconds (even other applications running at the time are affected),
>>>and then the text will appear.  It's not a slow computer, and I had POV on
>>>it before and it didn't do that.
>>
>>No idea on this problem. Is it actually POV-Ray thats causing it, or
>>might your entire PC freeze for a few seconds, but its just noticeable
>>in POV-Ray? Check on that before you blame POV-Ray. ;-)
>

> I'm not blaming POV.  I was just hoping maybe somebody knew why that was
> happening.

ObMicrosoftSlam:

If you're running Windows, the chances are *nobody* knows why it's
happening.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message