POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL Editor Problems : Re: SDL Editor Problems Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SDL Editor Problems
From: Alain
Date: 29 Mar 2007 18:00:23
Message: <460c4507$1@news.povray.org>
Kirk Andrews nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 28-03-2007 09:07:
> I have two computers on which I use POV.

> On the first, I can't consistently get the color-coding.  Sometimes my
> scene-description files are color-coded, and other times not.

> On the other, if I type too fast in the editor, it will freeze for about
> five seconds (even other applications running at the time are affected),
> and then the text will appear.  It's not a slow computer, and I had POV on
> it before and it didn't do that.

> I doubt this is a bug with the program--I'm figuring that I've got some
> setting set wrong.  Anybody know what's wrong?
The sporadic freezing in windows if often caused by threads conflicts. Most of
the time, it's thread A that have to wait for thread B to stop, whitch in turn
is waiting for thread A to end or release some shared resource.

--
Alain
Wanna be lonely? Get married.